Regent Seven Seas Cruises has unveiled 65 new Mediterranean and Northern Europe shore excursions curated by local tour operators that are solely for guests sailing on the inaugural 2020 season of Seven Seas Splendor. The excursions will extend to all Regent ships sailing Europe starting in 2021.
Spanning across Croatia, France, Greece, Monaco, Montenegro, Ireland, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom, offerings include:
- Villages of Fontaine De Vaucluse and L’Isle Sur La Sorgue (France): Travelers can explore two Provence villages in Marseille, France that encompass the Sorgue River that connects them.
- Acoustic Flamenco and the Mines (Spain): Vacationers can go on a tour of a former mine and listen to an underground flamenco performance of songs that salute the mining industry.
- A Visit to Ambelonas Wine Estate (Greece): Cruisers can tour a hundred-of-years-old estate in Corfu’s fertile interior and sample wines paired with cuisine that reflect the owners’ dedication to preserving traditional methods of production.
- Caravaggio Exclusive Visit at Pio Monte (Italy): In Naples, vacationers can witness “The Seven Works of Mercy,” Caravaggio’s oil painting that depicts seven acts of kindness on a single large canvas.
- Mussel Tasting Tour by Speed Boat (Montenegro): Travelers can cruise through Boka Bay in Montenegro to the islet Our Lady of the Rocks and then taste freshwater mussels at a farm that grows and harvests them.
- Electric-Bike in the Vineyards from La Cadiere D’Azur (France): Cruisers can ride an electric bike from the village of La Cadiere d’Azur in France through the vineyards of the Bandol region to sample a selection of characteristic wines and be served fougasse, a crusty Provençal flat bread dating back to the Roman times.
Seven Seas Splendor, in addition to offering these excursions, will host a variety of culinary experiences. Dishes will incorporate local ingredients and culinary traditions from destinations visited by the new vessel.
This article was originally posted on www.travelagentcentral.com.